Tuesday, July 7, 2009

BSNL

Well, some of you know that my broadband stopped working on Thursday and came back only on the evening of Monday. The phone was dead.
Although it was unfortunate, but it gives me the opportunity to compare the services of BSNL and Tata Indicom.

Expectation
I wanted my broadband to start as soon as possible. I get completely cutoff from XL without internet.

Service
On Thursday itself, I called(from cellphone) the local BSNL office to tell me about the problem. They gave me a Toll Free number, 1500 to complain. And you bet, that number only works from Landline :). So I went to my neighbour to call at this number and lodge the complain. And in the very true spirit of a pathetic (I personally prefer-parasitic) government company, they slam the phone before you can ask "how much time will it take".....%^$&$&$%&$@!#. Well, nothing happened till 5 PM on Thursday.
Then on Friday, I once again called the local office. This time, BSNL God's were happy and I want not shooed away with a toll free number. My complaint was lodged in the local office. Yohoooo....They assured me that by the end of the day, someone will come to fix the problem. Well, as expected...no one showed up.
Then came Saturday, and I called the BSNL office again. This time, the excuse was something new "Aapka address de diya hai lineman ko. Agar aaj theek nahi hota hai to aap monday ko 10 baze ke pehle call kijiye"....SLAM (I hoped that his head also break with the phone....^!@%#&^#&*)
Well, Sunday would have been more enjoyable...cutoff from the world...but what can you say when XL is hell bent on teaching us even on sundays. Then you really hate being without access to your email. Thank god that I have friends in XL ..who are just a call away.
So story continues, and to beat them up, I called BSNL office before 10 AM on Monday. I was once again assured that it will be fixed today. And guess what, by the evening I was back on the WEB.

Service Ratings
[1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent]
  1. Reliability - 1 [I will rather rely on a thief]
  2. Assurance - 1 [I am assured that they are nothing more than a parasite]
  3. Tangibles - 1 [Even a street vendor have better manners]
  4. Empathy -1 [They can only dream that they will have empathy]
  5. Responsiveness -1 [Sure...they always respond to a stimuli like Official Pressure, Personal Aquaintence, Dadagiri...]
Now, you know how much I hate BSNL. I hope that it gets completely privatised in coming 5 years. That will be too much to ask I guess, so I will even settle for 50% divestment.

No comments:

Post a Comment