Monday, July 6, 2009

Courier Service

I don’t think many people know that you can actually send mails and couriers from the “mail room” in the basement of TMDC block. I certainly did not till about a week ago. And now I think I was better off without the information. With the last date of the payment of college fees instalment approaching, I finally woke up to the reality that I had not bothered to collect the Demand Draft from the bank. It however wouldn’t release another instalment unless I furnished the receipt of the earlier one. So I collected the same from the Accounts office and took to the person sitting there in the mail room. The person, all smiles, assured me that the courier will reach the destination (in this case, Patna) within 2 days. Satisfied, I came out and forgot all about it. I was rudely reminded of the same five days later when I received a phone call from my father who explained, leaving no iota of doubt, that how upset he was at this display of irresponsibility from me. Irresponsible? Me? How can that be? Hadn’t I sent the mail well in time? How can I be blamed for something beyond my control?
Once I went there to enquire about the missing courier, the person, all smiles again, very politely explained how it wasn’t possible for him to track the mails once they were dispatched. Why can’t you? I asked, if the others can? He just shrugged. Having given up, I came out. I collected a duplicate receipt from the accounts office and faxed it to the bank. I am yet to receive the demand draft.
SERVICE RATINGS
a> Reliability – 1
b> Assurance – 1
c> Tangibles – 2
d> Empathy – 1
e> Responsiveness – 1
[1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent]

No comments:

Post a Comment