Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tata Indicom

It sounds weird, but I ended up having a spare mobile connection. So I decided to get rid of postpaid service of Tata Indicom.

Expectation
I was expecting a simple and quick procedure through phone. Also, I wanted them to unlock the handset so that it can be used with any other service provider (I know, I know....it was too much to expect).

The Service
I called the service center of Tata Indicom, went through the gates of automated responses and finally reached a human being on the other side. He very patiently listened that I want to close the service. He tried to cajole me by making counter-offers (I am sure...its part of their training). When I denied to get convinced, I was transfered to his senior. He repeated the whole process by trying to make me lucrative offers and unwilling to listen to me .."there is nothing wrong with your service, I just have a spare service and I want to close it down". Finally, he got convinced that I am not going to budge and he gave up. He told me that the service will close within one week (although its interesting why should it take a week? What now telecom operators have found another revenue stream?).
At the end of the day, a guy came from Tata Indicom to ask the same question "what is the reason for leaving our service". Wow...they really really want to know.

Service Rating
[1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent]
  1. Reliability - 4 [I am not sure when exactly the service will end]
  2. Assurance - 4 [same as above]
  3. Tangibles - 5 [it seems that they care]
  4. Empathy - 3 [I know that they were doing their job, but they have started getting on my nerves :)]
  5. Responsiveness - 2 [Well, I still wonder why should it take a week]

No comments:

Post a Comment