Monday, July 6, 2009

Sukh Saagar

For a die-hard fan of non-vegetarian food like me, there can be no ordeal bigger than eating shuhdh shakahari khana. Sadly this is what happened last night when my friends and I went out for dinner. To make matters worse, my friends (or should I call them my ex-friend since we aren’t on talking terms anymore) made sure that the restaurant we went to did not serve anything that had ever been capable of walking or swimming or had been “laid”. So off we went to a place called Sukh Saagar in Bistupur.
They say it’s the first impression that counts. There was a queue outside the door!!!! I couldn’t have been more perplexed. Now I know why they haven’t opened a KFC outlet here in Jamshedpur. The concierge (the guard actually) enquired about the number of seats we required. The restaurant certainly was running low on supplies yesterday because on learning that we required eight seats he made all possible efforts to chuck us away. From “kam se kam aadha ghanta lagega” (it’s going to take at least thirty minutes) to “family walon ko pehle bhejne ki policy hai” (it’s our policy to send people coming with their families first). To his utter dismay, we didn’t budge.
So after waiting for the better part of an hour we were ushered in. I half expected to see people prostrate in devotion. I mean I have waited lesser to enter temples. By this time, I was hungry enough to eat anything that they would care to place before me; but it seemed that the ordeal was far from over. The waiter stated with a very straight face that anything, absolutely anything we order would not arrive at the table before thirty minutes. “Man!! These people here are obsessed with the number thirty”, I thought. Having come this far, we were reluctant to retreat. We stayed put and placed our order. What we hadn’t realised that the “anything” the waiter had stated included bottles of water as well. After a lot of shouting however, the water did arrive. The wait did serve one purpose though. I had never understood why they depicted water the way they did in those Kinley and Aquafina advertisements. I did yesterday.
After what seemed like an eternity, the food did arrive. The waiter placed it on the table with look one would don when disbursing alms and hurried away without even bothering to ask if we wanted him to serve it. One saving grace however – the food indeed was delicious.
SERVICE RATINGS
a> Reliability - 2
b> Assurance - 2
c> Tangibles - 3
d> Empathy - 1
e> Responsiveness - 2
[1 = Poor, 2 = Fair, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent]

No comments:

Post a Comment